Conquer Paper Clutter
Do you love the fresh start a new year brings? I love the idea of a clear calendar and clear desk to start out a new year. But for so many of us, this goal seems unobtainable.
In 2014 I became a Certified Productive Environment Specialist through Barbara Hemphill's Productive Environment Institute. As part of my extensive training, I learned that without a SYSTEM (Saving You Space Time Energy Money) we will continue to struggle with paper over and over again.
Paper keeps coming at us on a daily basis, so we need a way to make decisions and effectively manage the paper in our lives. For 2016, I encourage you to clear away all of the old papers and start fresh.
For every new paper that comes into your space, there are only three choices to make:
- File: This is for information that you need to keep and the action is complete.
- Act: These are the papers that require us to do something. Maybe we need to pay a bill, buy a gift, deposit a check or read. Action items must be kept separate from other papers.
- Toss: By toss I mean recycle, shred, burn....just make it go away!
In future posts we can dig deeper into how to:
- Make quick decisions on paper clutter
- Create a "Finding System" for the information to keep
- Organize those action items
- What to keep, toss and more
Comment below to let me know what you would like more of!
Do you feel overwhelmed by paper clutter? I would love to be of service to you! Fill out the Productive Environment Scorecard and Carolyn will contact you to schedule your complementary 30 minute Discovery Session via telephone.