It is still cold here in Michigan, but we have had some lovely sunny days lately. It is just enough to get me thinking about spring. With spring, comes another opportunity for renewal and improvement.
Over the last few days I have spent some time spring cleaning in my home. In theory, I am not real crazy about spring cleaning because I believe in doing a little at a time all the time. But there are always those extra things that need to be done around a home that do not easily fit into a normal cleaning routine. For me, spring time (or the hope of spring) puts me in the mood to take care of those extra things.
Picking an area to organize is a great spring cleaning project. It can even help eliminate some of the work in a normal cleaning routine. According to the National Soap and Detergent Association (who knew such an organization existed?) "getting rid of excess clutter would eliminate 40% of the housework in the average home."
Here are some tips for organizing this spring:
- *Pick a defined area such as a cupboard or closet (NOT the whole house!)
- *Set a time on your calendar and use a timer
- *Involve a clutter buddy or professional organizing consultant to keep on task
- *Work uninterrupted by letting calls go to voicemail
- *Reward yourself when the job is done
Keep checking back for more organizing and spring cleaning tips!